Friday, July 06, 2007

An anecdote: My personal experiences with antibiotics and why I resist allopathic medicine.

Here's my story:
A few years ago, I came down with a bad case of oesophagitis (infection of the gullet or "swallowing tube"). I'll save you all the details, but suffice to say I was extremely distressed by what I was coughing up. I consulted a physician (I had not embarked on my studies in botanical medicine at that time) and he promply prescribed the standard 5 day course of penicillin. This I took as prescribed and the condition cleared up by the end of the course. Thinking that I was now healed, I carried on with the hum-drum of life. About a week later, my aunt passed away in Sydney, Australia, from cancer (metastatic adenocarcinoma of unkown primary origin). World renowned oncologists (I have their names on file) could not save her. Make no mistake - it was the MEDICAL TREATMENT for the cancer that killed her, not the cancer itself and she would have lived longer had she not accepted the radiation and chemotherapy. But I digress...

With the passing of my aunt, the oesophagitis returned with a vengeance as well. Angry with the original physician, I consulted my usual family physician, told him I had consulted another doctor previously and informed him I was on penicillin for the same thing. He then proceeded to prescribe a 5 day course of Amoxycillin. Having to leave for Australia to attend the funeral, I continued taking the last of the antibiotics while there. A few days later the oesophagitis returned yet again! This was now a bacterium which survived 2 courses of different antibiotics - and was probably resistant to them now to boot! In despair, I told my cousin about my problem. She listened intently, then walked over to her cupboard and produced a bottle of "Cenovis Garlic & Horseradish + C Complex" capsules which were prescribed to her by a naturopath in Sydney for her chest cold. Knowing it was an antimicrobial, she offered the bottle to me and I started taking them immediately and continued taking them after returning to South Africa a couple of days later. It cured my oesophagitis completely and it did not return.

Now you tell me: a bacterium which survived penicillin and then Amoxycillin had succumbed to a herbal capsule containing the humble ingredients of garlic, horseradish, fenugreek, marshmallow and vitamin C; which treatment would you choose?
(As an aside: the combination of the utter uselessness and draconian methods of modern medicine to treat my aunt's cancer combined with the concurrent run ins I had with the antibiotic fiasco described above, compelled me to study Botanical Medicine. GOD has provided us with all the medicines that we need to heal ourselves.)

Yours in health,
J Jackson, Dherb (cand.); MHONERI(SA)

No comments: